Welcome

Dearest Girls, Officers & Visitors :)

Thank you for browsing this humble blog of ours and yes yes GB 48th Company ROCKs!

GOD BLESS :)

Saturday, March 07, 2009

#1 Oh You're A Survivor

Hello everybody, my name is not Micheal Jackson and this is one of the first updates from the Gb's Blog community! And since this is one of our firsts I'm gonna dish out some probably useful tips to a successful survivor in Gb and Zhss and as many of us know being in ZHSS is not a bed of roses, or anything near that. I've heard the secondary one's are already having SSPs? Eat your heart out, us seniors only started last year, but its hell all the same. So, here are some tips I think might help out someway or another. Read this with a pinch of salt, my opinion of an easy way out might be your opinion of an absurd rubbish.


Survival in GB :

  • Your boots give you the worse blisters on earth:

    For short term relief, buy Watson's Cushioned or Comfort plasters because experience tells me that they really really work. Stick it to your boots so they don't hurt so bad when you walk or stick it to the back of your feet, where the boots tend to rub against. The latter works more because you won't get into trouble with your uniform and its prettier. I prefer the Comfort plasters more because they stick to your skin like another skin whereas the Cushioned ones are not that sticky and are really thick. Cushioned ones are more expensive too I think? But generally boots in a long term wear off and become softer so you'd only have to suffer when you have new boots. Oh and wear higher socks. Don't fold it or you'd seriously suffer. Punishments from both the mdms and your boots


  • Boots not shiny :( :

    Joey the pro says more kiwi less water and only add water when it feels dry. Please please please use a proper polishing cloth because the last time I used a normal cloth it killed my boots. I say the best way is to B--- your boots but mdm rachel'd kill me if I say it and if you b--- it wrongly your boots die too. Don't use the instant one because after the shine wears off the kiwi'd peel off and it'd look like it went for suntanning and all it's skin's peeling off.


  • Slash are such a hassle to pin up + they keep dropping:

    Heh heh, sew velcro at the parts when you're supposed to pin and just stick them together when you wear it. Its like the easiest thing on earth, really, if you get pass the stage of all the hassle of buying the velcro and sewing it on. And obviously I'm still stuck at the part where I have to go out and buy the velcro so I'm sticking to my pins. But its really a smart idea. Oh and if it keeps dropping because you have so many badges, pin it up at the top.


  • You feel like dying during parades :

    Sleep early on Fridays, there's no easy way out, actually. Either that or you really hype yourself up during Songs and Games because once you're hyper it tends to stay.


  • Uniform woes:
    Always always take note of your attire during uniform checks and especially when mdm grace is in charge. There are some of us who've done 60 squats and had thigh aches for 3 days before (oh the agony of climbing up those stairs), we're serious.



Survival in ZHSS

  • Always act good:

    I'm not kidding. Even though it sound like the most superficial, morally incorrect thing to do, the best thing is to act like a doll in front of your teachers. That way, they won't pick on your hair, your socks, your anything. I'm not saying that the teachers are unfair or anything, some of the teachers in ZHSS are like the best but everyone has biases and you would definitely want to put yourself in an advantage. Don't tell anyone I told y'all so.


  • Coffee:

    Honestly, why do you think the canteen drink stall auntie always has all the coffee placed neatly outside during lunch breaks. ITS BECAUSE WE POOR SEC FOURS HAVE DOUBLE SSPS! And it really works, for me. Drink 'em coffee.


  • Bag packs:

    This is propaganda. Backpacks are in now, they don't kill your shoulders as much as sling bags or tote/armpit bags and they store so much more stuffs. Too bad they're really overrated now. :( You're not special if you carry a Dickies anymore but If you did 2 years ago you'd probably be deemed a trend setter. Too bad, get a Billabong or any cheapo ones. But backpacks really make your bus-taking and walking life so much better.



  • Food:

    Its illegal but extremely smart that you prepare some small snacks or sweets for school and eat in between classes because some of them really wake you up and some teachers are not very strict on this, because some of them agree to this. Just don't buy those which is extremely high on sugar, like Jellybeans, because they make you tired easily. Experience told me so and too many Jellybeans makes you cranky, for reals, I remember laughing for two whole Amaths period at sin cos graphs because we were on Jellybeans. Sour candy, Clorets and all the other sour and minty sweets are probably the best

Well, thats all for now. I felt like i've rambled for so long. Don't take all of them too seriously because some of them might not work for you, but I guess some might. Don't sue me if you break any rules though, do all these it with adult supervision and aplenty of commonsense.


~ Sgt ChinHwee

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Dear Chin Hwee, I was laughing so much when I read your article, its so interesting. I wished I had seniors like you too!!